SCIENCE BASED NUTRITION FOR OPTIMAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL WELL BEING
What Do Your Genes Know That You Don’t Know?
Genewize Nutritions Making Wellness Personal
NOT ALL NUTRITIONAL SUPPLIMENTS ARE CREATED EQUAL
The field of biochemistry and genetics have found that out genes actually depend on many nutrients to do their assigned jobs. Each of us has unique combination of advanced and disadvantaged genes that can affect our nutritional needs. If we know which genes are disadvantaged, we can consume specific nutrients targeted to help compensate. What may have sounded like a science fiction a few years ago has now become a reality thanks to recent advances in genomics and nutritional science. So, what are the culprits?
- Oxidative stress
- Environmental pollutants
- Collagen breakdown
- Lack of antioxidant-rich foods in our diets
Unfortunately people are more focused on the quantity of life than the quality. What is the point in living up to 90 year old if you are going to suffer from multiple diseases for the most of your life? My focus has been the quality of life and how to sustain it. Quality of life is also very much a part of the quality of the nutrition you are consuming. The statement of “you are what you eat” is very applicable here. Many individuals i have treated have been taking multi-vitamins which are not only costly but also indigestible, toxic with many side effects. You don’t need to gamble with your health. Be a wise consumer and taking charge of your health so that you may avoid unnecessary suffering. What is better than a cure? Not needing one.
GeneWiseNutritons where our mission to help people to achieve best possible health for life.
CAUTION! WHAT YOU DONT KNOW, WILL HARM YOU
- Most manufacturers do not list the use of toxic encapsulating agents on their label in order to avoid problems and possible backlash from the consumers.
- Most nutritional formulations available today have not been clinically tested. Hence, there is no proof if they will work or not.
- Most manufacturers routinely use,
a – Magnesium stearate, (a proven immuno-suppressive agent),
b – Talcum powder (suspected carcinogen) as a filler
c – Waxes, polyvinylprrolidone, suspected carcinogens
- A person taking a formula with isolated vitamins and minerals may receive help at first, but later may begin to react to the imbalance of too much of a specific mineral or vitamin. A good example of a toxic overload from taking isolated vitamin/mineral formulas is a prostate formula containing 15mg or more of zinc. It may be beneficial when taken during the first few weeks, but over time, zinc levels that have become too elevated may burden the body, imbalancing other mineral levels such as copper, triggering a cascade of new problems. The consumer may not associate these new problems with a product that initially helped.
- Another common problem with most supplements that the use of the wrong herbal species, ingredients that are simply too old or that have been poorly grown, irradiated, fumigated or contaminated with pesticide/insecticide residues.
- The Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association (winter, 1999) confirmed the landmark study that 97.5% chance of selecting a nutritional product that is either toxic or doesn’t work.
- Research shows over 60% of the herbs currently used in nutritional products in the U.S. have been either fumigated, irradiated or contain significant pesticide/insecticide residues — including many organic herbs. widespread contamination of most herbs, including fumigation, irradiation and pesticide/insecticide residues. This was true even of many organic herbs. Most product manufacturers do not test the raw materials used to make their products. They usually accept the Certificate of Analysis (C of A) from the suppliers. But the C of A is not enough, since it usually tests only for harmful bacteria and mold, and rarely tests for toxic contaminants.
- The nutrient content of each herb as well as phytochemical properties can vary drastically, depending on its growing and harvesting methods. Most herbs grown in the U.S. are too weak, too toxic or both, to offer the full spectrum of benefits typically quoted in the scientific literature.
- A plant can vary in its mineral content by over 900% due to it’s growing and harvesting methods. Likewise, its phytochemical nutrients can range from very potent with spectacular healing properties to virtually inactive. If an herb is poorly grown, even a concentrate or extract won’t help it yield better results. How the herb is grown is of critical importance.
- In the process of tableting or encapsulating, toxic agents such as binders, fillers and flowing agents are the rule. When these tablets or capsules are consumed over time, the toxic chemical agents can bio-accumulate and later create serious toxicity and absorption problems.
- Most Calcium products promote remineralization of bone only, neglecting the tremendous need for remineralization of soft tissue (which includes all the body’s organs and glands). In addition, most companies do not provide a means of testing the body’s mineral reserves (via the pH) for regular monitoring.
Although replenishing minerals is of critical importance for bone physiology, little emphasis is typically given to replenishing minerals for soft tissue. However, adequate soft tissue mineral levels are critical for optimal organ and gland function. An individual may have adequate bone repletion while the soft tissue mineral levels badly suffer. In addition, most common sources of calcium are inadequate as agents to quickly replete bone and are unable to replete soft tissue.
When a product containing isolated vitamin and mineral nutrients is taken long term, it may induce side effects that are difficult to identify and correct.
Dr.Simon Casey has specialized on eating disorders and nutrition for the past 20 years. He has been demonstrating effectively the importance between healthy body & mind and nutritional supplementation.