Are You at Your Wits End?
- Do you feel overwhelmed?
- Have you been HOPING that the situation will change?
- Do you resent the person for how much pain he/she caused?
- Have you become a caretaker/fixer?
- Are you and your loved one emotionally suffering?
- Is the situation getting worse?
- Are the medications helping?
- Are you in a constant state of fear or worry?
- Afraid of making decisions or worry about repercussions?
- Are you walking on eggshells?
- Do you often feel guilty or feel this is your fault?
- If you don’t call, who will?
Intervention is a compassionate process which confronts peoples thoughts, feelings, and self destructive behaviors. The purpose of intervention is to begin to relieve the suffering of the individual. Therefore, intervention is appropriate for alcohol and drug addiction, bulimia, anorexia, certain mental heath conditions, and compulsive disorders.
WHY IS INTERVENTION NECESSARY? BECAUSE NOTHING ELSE HAS WORKED.
Addictive disorders and self defeating behaviors can have devastating consequences to an individual as well as the family members. You tried everything, from hiding alcohol to threatening to leave, yet the situation became worse. Maybe it’s time for you to seek professional help. However, what if the person is struggling with a dual diagnosis condition?
Dual diagnosis is a gradual process. As the individual continually suffers from the mental health disorder, the use of alcohol and drugs or prescription medications, increasingly becomes evident. As a result, a person will continually SELF MEDICATE in order to feel normal without realizing they are becoming addicts. Dual diagnostic individuals require a specific intervention technique in order to achieve a desired outcome. Over the years, Dr. Simon Casey has established a unique intervention style called “Dualvention Method” which is a highly specialized intervention strategy for this client population.
According to the National Institute on drug abuse, treatment does not have to be voluntary to be effective. The longer the problem continues, the more difficult it is to treat an individual.
Times have changed. The intervention of old days are no longer as effective since people are struggling with multiple disorders all at the same time. If the intervention does not address all of these factors, not only the outcome can be poor, but also the choice of treatment facility may not meet his/her needs. After many years of dealing with dual diagnostic clients, Simon Casey created a unique intervention technique through a process of invitation but not confrontation for a successful outcome.
DUALVENTION METHOD is the process where mental health conditions and chemical dependency intervened simultaneously. This one-of-a-kind comprehensive approach leaves nothing unanswered. The mental health evaluation and medication needs are assessed during the second phase of the intervention. The results shared with the individual in a loving, compassionate way in order to make them understand how the process of SELF MEDICATION has started and then turned into dependency. The individual, for the first time, gains tremendous insight and understanding about the self which turns resistance into tears of joy. The Dualvention Method is a superb process of transformation when it comes to turning a resistant and difficult individual into a hopeful, appreciative one.
SOME IMPORTANT FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW.
- Dual diagnosis or Co-occurring disorders are high risk situations.
- We provide long term clinical oversight-liaison between the treatment center and the family.
- We are trained and experienced professionals who can assess and differentiate mental health conditions, substance abuse, behavioral issues, and provide proper direction.
- We will coordinate an effective after care plan, and if needed, we will be a part of it.
- Ongoing support while in recovery.